Monday, August 2, 2010

Cell Phone & Home Phone Scam

Safety warning 90# on your telephone I dialed '0' to check this out, & the operator confirmed that this was correct, so please pass it on, This is true, & also applies to cell phones!)  PASS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW I received a telephone call last evening from an individual identifying himself as an AT&T Service Technician (could also be Telus) who was conducting a test on the telephone lines. He stated that to complete the test I should touch nine (9), zero (0), the pound sign (#) & then hang up. Luckily, I was suspicious & refused. Upon contacting the telephone company, I was informed that by pushing 90#, you give the requesting individual full access to your telephone line, which enables them to place long distance calls billed to your home phone number. I was further informed that this scam has been originating from many local jails/prisons. DO NOT press 90# for ANYONE... The GTE Security Department requested that I share this information with EVERYONE I KNOW. After checking with Verizon they also said it was true, so do not dial 90# for anyone !!!!! PLEASE  HIT THAT FORWARD BUTTON AND PASS THIS ON TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW!!!  This has been verified on Snopes that this is true. Be careful. Please pass it on to your family & friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment